Seirei no Moribito fan archive

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Seirei no Moribito fan archive

Home to all fans...you are all welcome!!!

2 posters

Discussion for Episode 11 - "Flower Wine for Tanda"

billyarnie
    billyarnie

Discussion for Episode 11 - "Flower Wine for Tanda" Empty Discussion for Episode 11 - "Flower Wine for Tanda"

Post  billyarnie Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:49 pm

I watched most of this on Veoh.com; I'm in a hurry to get somewhere, but I had to create this thread. I went up to the point where Tanda entered Nayug. Great pic for the site, ryuzaki11! It shows something wonderous... which is what Moribito is, IMHO. I want to share my impressions of the ep, as well as have a discussion thread for you who have already seen it & want to tell what you thought of it.

I don't think it's fair for me to continue until I've seen the whole episode yet. Yet it continues in the fashion we've come to expect from Moribito: Exquisite backgrounds & animation, characters who care for each other & a story that continues to expand & surprise. No fights, but if this doesn't blow people's minds more than one of [adult swim]'s stoner comedies, I don't know what will. I'll be back later... BTW, it was cool to see & hear "Shine" in it's entirety! I'll comment on the ED later with the ep.
    ryuzaki11
    ryuzaki11
    Awesome Admin

Discussion for Episode 11 - "Flower Wine for Tanda" Empty Re: Discussion for Episode 11 - "Flower Wine for Tanda"

Post  ryuzaki11 Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:43 pm

Maybe spoiler but you may have fully watched it.

Dude, I loved this episode, I re-watched it a couple of times because, it showed that Balsa and Tanda has some sort of thing...you get what I mean?

It's one of the biggest things I love about the anime is their relationship, even though it is just a side thing in the story but, I want them to get together ahaha.

PS: YEA Moribito IS AMAZAZING!!! Lol. We're going to get banned in [as]. I hope not, it's not like we're spamming.

PPS: Take note of the flower, remember it always.
    billyarnie
    billyarnie

Discussion for Episode 11 - "Flower Wine for Tanda" Empty Re: Discussion for Episode 11 - "Flower Wine for Tanda"

Post  billyarnie Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:09 pm

Okay, this might seem choppy, but I usually pick out pieces as I watch an anime if I'm going to comment on it. It goes to what happens on the ASMB during a show's airing. We kind of liveblog or chat as the episode goes on in a discussion thread similar to this. Also, there's usually chat leading up to the show & after the show, people sum up as they leave the thread for another show/thread. For those who record & watch later, they usually comment after they've watched. Anyway, that will explain the choppiness of my impressions...

• At the beginning, Tohya's distraught...
    • The donkey Torogai borrowed is back; the bell's around its neck...
    • So "soul travel" is like having a "falling dream"? And the soul returns just as you wake up? Interesting...
    • Tohya heads to the old shack under the bridge; he feels more at home there...
    • Flashback: The matchmaker gets Tohya well-fed & a little drunk; man, the boy acts like he's starving...
    • Saya doesn't tell Tohya the truth; flashback over...
    • Tanda threatens to haunt Balsa if he doesn't come back Laughing...
    • The scene where Tanda's hand passes through Balsa reminds me of Patrick Swayze in Ghost...
    • They are made for each other... & know each other too well. Balsa knows Tanda doesn't know how to return...
    • Tanda's always had a crush on Balsa. And sometimes... yep, he's her beeyotch. Yet Balsa's the "strong woman" type... but she admits if it wasn't for Tanda's strong words, she wouldn't have changed.
    • And then... he "falls" into Nayug! Whoa! Shocked Now we know some of the linkage between Sagu ("this world") & Nayug ("the other world").
    • The scene where he's between the 2 worlds... mind-blowing! Excellent animation... as good as live-action or a Miyazaki movie!
    • The butterfly that drinks the flower wine gives Tanda an idea... but the dummy goes Patrick Swayze again when he tries to grab it! *facepalm* Rolling Eyes
    • Chagum's "Nyunga Ro Im" or "spirit egg" as us dubbies call it Wink is the key...
    • As classic a line here as Torogai's "EGG!" in Episode 4: "Couldn't you have been a bit more gentle?" Laughing tongue
    • And the double moon thing again, like at the end of Episode 2. So Saya & Tohya have feelings for each other? Chagum knows another couple like that, but the smart kid's keeping that to himself!

The ED is beautiful too: "Itoshii Hito e" ("To the loved one") by Sachi Tainaka. "Shine" is still my favorite, but this is good as well. For the [adult swim] broadcast, however, due to time for commercials, the OP was shortened & the ED and previews were dropped for quick credits at the end. The previews were dubbed also, but they're on the DVD's; Turbo Jettson is credited as Narrator, but there were no narration or previews on [as]. The preview for "Solstice Festival" AKA "Summer Solstice Festival" is good; a little action never hurts.

And now the truth... I can't wait for the DVD's or more on TV because... I'm a dubbie! It's interesting to hear the original performances & yes, I can read subs, but after watching the dubs on [as], I can't wait to hear Yuri Lowenthal's anguished & over-the-top Toya (and they said Sasuke was emo), Cindy Robinson's strong but caring Balsa, Mona Marshall's inquisitive & smart Chagum, which sounds pretty close to the original Japanese VA, Peter Doyle's wondering & lovesick Tanda, & Erika Weinstein's slightly more mature Saya, which doesn't sound as childlike as the Japanese VA. Also, a lot of Bang! Zoom Entertainment regulars show up in minor roles in this dub. Weinstein voiced the sister of a bossy kid leader from Episode 9 & Johnny Yong Bosch has a recurring role as Sagum, the Crown Prince & Chagum's older brother. I guess I'll become a subbie to watch this, but I'll always be a dubbie at heart!
    ryuzaki11
    ryuzaki11
    Awesome Admin

Post  ryuzaki11 Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:54 pm

Shine by L'Arc-en-Ciel is really like the best opening I could think of, I like the ending too though.

Lol. Yea I began watching it as dubbed but then I couldn't find dubbed ones online so I watched subbed. I was also thinking that some dubbing could alter the real dialogue. Not that subbing might not be guilty of it also, TO ME there's just that sense of security, the feeling that the sub is almost like understanding Japanese.

I don't know I might be delusional but whatever, man.

PS: F-ing sigs I don't know how to fix it. I'm fail.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 7:16 pm