Seirei no Moribito fan archive

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Seirei no Moribito fan archive

Home to all fans...you are all welcome!!!

3 posters

I am not the admin. I'm an Irishman full of grins

GrinfilledCelt
    GrinfilledCelt
    Model Moderator

I am not the admin.  I'm an Irishman full of grins Empty I am not the admin. I'm an Irishman full of grins

Post  GrinfilledCelt Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:31 am

How's it going, eh?

Last edited by GrinfilledCelt on Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:56 am; edited 1 time in total
    ryuzaki11
    ryuzaki11
    Awesome Admin

I am not the admin.  I'm an Irishman full of grins Empty Re: I am not the admin. I'm an Irishman full of grins

Post  ryuzaki11 Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:36 am

If you want, you can help me think of ways to invite people in here, it seems that the hype for this show is dying down and I am a bit late (cause all the reviews, blogs about SnM was like from last year or 2007). Re-ignition is needed. Get more viewers for DVD or subbed version what ever, anything to help the probability of a sequel produced into anime. I dunno lol.
    GrinfilledCelt
    GrinfilledCelt
    Model Moderator

I am not the admin.  I'm an Irishman full of grins Empty Re: I am not the admin. I'm an Irishman full of grins

Post  GrinfilledCelt Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:45 am

The best way I know (without spending a large pile of money) is to ask them. Tell everyone you meet online and in hard life. Mention it frequently in the Moribito threads at ANN and elsewhere. People reading those are already interested.

You're right, it is a bit late to start this site and it may never get off the ground. Otoh, it may be an if-you-build-it situation.
    ryuzaki11
    ryuzaki11
    Awesome Admin

Post  ryuzaki11 Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:47 am

Maybe I'll e-mail those all the bloggers who liked the show to join this forum, I don't know. Is it allowed to advertise your own forum at ANN, rofl?
    GrinfilledCelt
    GrinfilledCelt
    Model Moderator

Post  GrinfilledCelt Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:49 am

I don't know. I just joined there a week ago myself. They're kinda touchy about such things, so you'd best check the rules.
    ryuzaki11
    ryuzaki11
    Awesome Admin

Post  ryuzaki11 Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:51 am

I checked and there was nothing about other forums, plus I heard them talk about ANfo and other anime sites/forums. I guess it'll be fine, maybe I'll put the link here to all my posts haha.
    GrinfilledCelt
    GrinfilledCelt
    Model Moderator

Post  GrinfilledCelt Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:08 pm

Since I still can't post anything in the Other Anime forum, I'll just put this here.

Have any of you seen Miyazaki's latest Ponyo on a Cliff by the Sea yet? It's rapidly becoming my fave Miyazaki flick. A while back I found a surprisingly good theater cam copy and a separate sub file. The subs weren't made for that copy so they were running about thirty seconds behind the video - very annoying but I watched it twice like that.

Yesterday I found this: Ponyo on a Cliff by the Sea. It's the same theater cam video with hardsubs added. Not only do these subs sync up with the video they are more detailed, but the grammar is awful. Still, the charm comes through.

I also found this: Joe Hisaishi in Nippon Budokan - From Nausicaa to Ponyo, 25 years with Hayao Miyazaki's animation. It's a concert and documentary about the music of Miyazaki's films and the guy who did them. There's no English subs, but it really doesn't need them. It's big though, just over two gigs for a one hour video.
    Alistair
    Alistair
    Model Moderator

Post  Alistair Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:13 pm

Grin,

Nope, I haven't checked it out as of yet, but you def. got my interest perked. I'll let ya know if I run into a better copy, tho. If your intersted of course, when I do decided to look for it...I'm already backed up on list of stuff to watch, it's incrediable. =) Just not enough time. Hahahaha.

Ali
    GrinfilledCelt
    GrinfilledCelt
    Model Moderator

Post  GrinfilledCelt Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:38 am

I know what you mean about too much stuff to watch. It's been really piling up on me lately because I keep re-watching Ponyo. If you're any kind of a Miyazaki fan you've got to see this one. I never would have guessed that Spirited Away would ever fall to third place in my estimation but Ponyo is even threatening Totoro for the top position.

There's this too:
    ANN wrote:Ghibli's Ponyo Dated for August 14 in U.S. Theaters

Walt Disney Pictures has announced that Ponyo, the latest film from Academy Award-winning director Hayao Miyazaki (Spirited Away, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, My Neighbor Totoro), will open in American theaters on August 14. The story follows an ordinary boy named Sosuke (Frankie Jonas) and his friendship with Ponyo (Noah Cyrus), a goldfish who wishes to be human. The other castmembers include Cate Blanchett, Matt Damon, Tina Fey, Cloris Leachman, Liam Neeson, Lily Tomlin, and Betty White.

Ponyo is the English release name for Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea, which Studio Ghibli and TOHO released in Japan on July 19 of last year. It became Japan's highest grossing film of 2009. Kathleen Kennedy, Frank Marshall, and Steve Alpert are producing the English-language dub, while Miyazaki himself and John Lasseter (Pixar's Toy Story, Cars) are executive producers.
    Wow! That's an all star cast. I can almost hear Tina, Cloris, Lilly and Betty doing the Grannys lines, they already make me laugh.
    Alistair
    Alistair
    Model Moderator

Post  Alistair Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:22 pm

Grin,

Yeah, I always loved his other work, but I wasn't to sure about this one. The premise was a little odd, but so was Spirited Away. Granted, I've always loved the cast that he has. Espically, Liam Neelson (I hope he keeps acting!) for he is brilliant actor. Thanks for the info, I'll really check it out now and it's on my calender.

Yeah, my list is huge since I just have my home server (My old desktop) just read off on RSS Feeds, and just downloads off of that, plus my wife keeps adding her own stuff and some of it I like too. It's funny, really. =P But usually I convert 'em to my own use before I watch 'em, bad I know, but... =P

BTW, where is Ryu MIA? =D

Tootles,
    Ali
    ryuzaki11
    ryuzaki11
    Awesome Admin

Post  ryuzaki11 Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:41 pm

I'm HERE!!!

had projects since this junior year is coming to a close.
    GrinfilledCelt
    GrinfilledCelt
    Model Moderator

Post  GrinfilledCelt Sat May 23, 2009 11:06 pm

I'm heading up to Ocqueoc tomorrow. *grins*

I'll be back a week from Monday.
    ryuzaki11
    ryuzaki11
    Awesome Admin

Post  ryuzaki11 Wed May 27, 2009 10:26 pm

Someone needs to tell me how to pronounce that place's name.
    GrinfilledCelt
    GrinfilledCelt
    Model Moderator

Post  GrinfilledCelt Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:46 am

AH-key-ock

I'm back. The weather was lousy but we had a good time anyway.
    GrinfilledCelt
    GrinfilledCelt
    Model Moderator

Post  GrinfilledCelt Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:21 pm

I’m going up to St. Ignace/Ocqueoc for a week starting tomorrow. =0) My friend up there just got a MacGregor sailboat. Should be fun.
    GrinfilledCelt
    GrinfilledCelt
    Model Moderator

Post  GrinfilledCelt Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:43 am

I'm currently in Ste. Ignace. I can lift my eyes from where I type and see the lovely Mackinaw Bridge (That's a lie. It's too foggy to see it.) My pre-ordered copy of the new Complete Moribito Set arrived minutes before I left to come here, so I brought it. I finished watching all 26 episodes last night. I'd forgotten ho good this show was.
    Alistair
    Alistair
    Model Moderator

Post  Alistair Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:52 pm

Grin,

I checked on and off, but I thought the site has died! Glad someone is still around! Yes, this show is really good and I haven't watched anything since 07 to be honest. My last two fave shows are this, and Dennou Coil from that Era. Other than that, I've kinda giving up on anime. It all seems the same! =/

Ha! I use to live in Michigan, and I miss those days since all I see now is desert. Granted, I don't miss the overcast skies all the time, tho.
    GrinfilledCelt
    GrinfilledCelt
    Model Moderator

Post  GrinfilledCelt Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:55 am

There have been plenty of good shows since then.
    Alistair
    Alistair
    Model Moderator

Post  Alistair Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:22 am

Names, if ya don't mind? I'll check out first eppy's at any rate.
    GrinfilledCelt
    GrinfilledCelt
    Model Moderator

Post  GrinfilledCelt Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:03 pm

Check the "What Anime Are You Watching?" thread. I have been talking about lots of shows since then plus an update I just made.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content