Seirei no Moribito fan archive

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Seirei no Moribito fan archive

Home to all fans...you are all welcome!!!

5 posters

Conventions?

sweetnsassy
    sweetnsassy
    Model Moderator

Conventions? Empty Conventions?

Post  sweetnsassy Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:24 pm

So, I'm headed off to Kamikazecon tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone else plans on attending a convention this year. I usually average about two a year.
    So guys, how about it? Does anyone else like going to cons? If so, do you cosplay? Do you prefer huge cons like Otakon or do you like smaller, low-key cons? Let us know.
    Alistair
    Alistair
    Model Moderator

Conventions? Empty Re: Conventions?

Post  Alistair Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:29 pm

Sweet,

Hehe... No, I'm not a huge convention person at all...to shy maybe? I'm not to sure, but the biggest event that you can get close to your "Cos - Play" was Amtgard. I did that for a about 5 to 6 years, but stopped due to RL getting in the way.

Maybe if I knew people, I might be more inclined to go, tho. Where is this convention located at, if ya don't mind me asking? G'Luck, have fun, and take pictures. =P Even if it's not my cup of tea, so to speak. =D

Hasta,
    Ali
    sweetnsassy
    sweetnsassy
    Model Moderator

Post  sweetnsassy Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:39 pm

I tend to be pretty shy in RL but I let loose at conventions. I guess being a dork among dorks helps make me feel more secure somehow.
    The con is located in Houston, TX. It's not too far from my hometown so I attend most of the cons hosted in Houston. I'll actually be going with a friend that I haven't seen in awhile. It will be her first con and she'll be cosplaying San from Princess Mononoke. We're both really excited.
    Incidentally, I was supposed to be cosplaying Balsa, but unfortunately, the sewing machine decided that life was too cruel and died on me before I got to begin working on the costume. I was pretty No for a few days. What really stinks is that I had all the props (her armor, bracelet, boots, spear, etc.) finished; all I needed was the actual costume. Sigh...
    Alistair
    Alistair
    Model Moderator

Post  Alistair Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:47 pm

Sassy,

Awww. I would have like to seen that. =P I'm sure it was a fantastic replication of Balsa. =D For the sewing machine dying like that on you, I would take a mallet to it, and teach it a truly "Final Lesson."

Well, anyways. Have fun, and like I said, take pictures and come back and show us. Some of it's freaky I admit, but long as you enjoy doing it, that's all that matters. Then again, look at me...I played Amtguard so I shouldn't talk. Hahaha.

Tootles,
    Ali

(If ya haven't noticed, I'm sort of a fourm whore... =P)
    sweetnsassy
    sweetnsassy
    Model Moderator

Post  sweetnsassy Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:12 pm

Lol, well, it's actually my mom's sewing machine so I'm not sure the "Final Lesson" would have been a good idea...
    I was disappointed about it, but now I'm just going to wear my Kyouya (Ouran Host Club) crossplay and one of my kimono. It's my newest one so this will be its public debut. I fully intend to fill up my camera's memory and my SD card w/ pix, don't you worry Wink

*there's nothing wrong w/ being a forum whore, it just makes for lively forums Very Happy*
    Maia
    Maia

Post  Maia Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:25 am

I'm definitely going to NADWCon and, if they get their act together, I'll be going to SWACE.

I've only been to one con before and it was local and very small(only 300 people).

I've thought about cosplaying, but I don't really have the time or the budget to do so.

I've not been to enough cons to really have a preference on size, but someday I would like to go to one of the big ones like Dragon*Con or Comic Con.

Looking forward to seeing the pix. Very Happy
    Alistair
    Alistair
    Model Moderator

Post  Alistair Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:07 am

Maia,

What it actually boils down to being the "Fourm Whore," is I do a lot of conversions and like to kill sometime, so this tends to what I do. Just type, write, or whatever comes to mind, but I really like fourms. =Very Happy

Dragon Con would be a lot ol' fun, I think. Plus, a lot of popular people go there so that would help and such. Still, I don't think be a lot either unless you have friends like Sassy does. =P

Tootles,
    Ali
    GrinfilledCelt
    GrinfilledCelt
    Model Moderator

Post  GrinfilledCelt Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:28 am

Yes! Take lots of pictures! We who are too poor to attend cons demand it!

Conventions? 66

Conventions? Wonder_W
    sweetnsassy
    sweetnsassy
    Model Moderator

Post  sweetnsassy Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:04 am

Hey, everyone, I just got back! (well, actually, I got back yesterday but haven't had the chance to log on before now Smile ) The con was a blast! I had soooo much fun! The cosplayers, the panels, the concert...it was all so awesome!!!!I'd have to say the highlight of the weekend was persuading (a.k.a. bullying) my friend to enter the cosplay contest. She was San from Princess Mononoke and was reluctant to enter due to it being her first time cosplaying and the fact that her sense of balance is non-existant. After getting other cosplayers to gang up on her, she finally entered...and she won a prize! She won for best craftsmanship and when going up to get her award, Nabeshin (who was there as a guest of honor) asked her to poke him with her spear. She stabbed Nabeshin!!! Like I said, we had a really good time. I took lots of pix and I promise I'll put them up soon but I'm really tired right now and I have work.

Grin, I I love you that wonderwoman!

EDIT: Okay I have some free time at work so I posted some of the pix on my flickr account. I'll try to get the rest up soon. Enjoy!

EDIT 2: I finished putting up the rest of the pix in case anyone is interested. I did my best to put labels on them, but there were some I didn't recognize.

Last edited by sweetnsassy on Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
    GrinfilledCelt
    GrinfilledCelt
    Model Moderator

Post  GrinfilledCelt Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:21 pm

Alright! Not many con goers can say they drew blood from a con celebrity. I hope she didn't damage his fro.

Good pix. Needs more labels. Some I couldn't identify and didn't look any more unusual that what I could see at the mall everyday. I'm looking forward to more pix.

That Wonder Woman is one of my faves. It makes me laugh every time.
    Alistair
    Alistair
    Model Moderator

Post  Alistair Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:21 pm

Sweet,

Hahaha. Awesome about your friend, and hope they don't call her later and say they hurt 'em. Hahaha. It's coolie, tho. Glad you had a blast, and I don't know if I could do that, even with my Amtguard experiance. At least I got to beat people with fun noodle. I'll see if I can track some of mine down, and put 'em up.

Yes, thank you for the pictures, I would like to see more needless to say. =P Hey, at least that Wonderwoman wasn't afraid to be herself... =D

Hasta,
    Ali
    sweetnsassy
    sweetnsassy
    Model Moderator

Post  sweetnsassy Mon May 18, 2009 10:43 am

WOOOOOOOOTTTTTTT!!!!!!! BALSA COSPLAY IS BACK ON TRACK!!! I'm going to get this sewing machine tomorrow and then I can make the costume. With luck, I'll be able to debut her at A-kon (my friends and I are going up there- road trip!). I can't wait!!!

*I see many sleepless nights ahead of me as I rush to finish the costume in time*
    Alistair
    Alistair
    Model Moderator

Post  Alistair Thu May 21, 2009 11:07 am

Sweet,

G'Luck with that, and this time we really hope you get it done for I would really like to see that outfit! =D Well, pictures of course. Hehehe. Go Sweet GO!

Ali
    Alistair
    Alistair
    Model Moderator

Post  Alistair Fri May 22, 2009 1:11 am

Sweet,

When I saw this...this was pure awesome, IMO.

Conventions? 82294cookiemonsterslaye.th

Hehe.

Ali
    ryuzaki11
    ryuzaki11
    Awesome Admin

Post  ryuzaki11 Wed May 27, 2009 10:25 pm

Well I'm about to go to a Regional Tournament for Yu-Gi-Oh!

Does that count as a convention ehehe?
    Alistair
    Alistair
    Model Moderator

Post  Alistair Thu May 28, 2009 1:03 am

Ryu,

Hehe...I suppose so.

G'Luck, tho.

I've been tempted get back into Amtgard myself, matter of fact. I miss it, but I just hate the egoist snobs that go with it, IMO.

Ali
    sweetnsassy
    sweetnsassy
    Model Moderator

Post  sweetnsassy Thu May 28, 2009 2:53 pm

Buncha fans gathered in one place to celebrate their hobby certainly sounds like a con to me, Ryu. Have lots of fun while you're there!

Alistar, don't let the snobs ruin fun for you. You're bound to run into a-holes everywhere; just try not to let them get to you.

*BTW, there's been a change in plans regarding a-kon. I won't be able to attend (kinda low on funds at the moment, hehe) BUT I am still working on Balsa and should definitely have her finished soon.*
    Alistair
    Alistair
    Model Moderator

Post  Alistair Thu May 28, 2009 5:01 pm

Sassy,

Yeah, I hear ya. I'm use to it for I'm a Team Leader, so I'm use to jerks for the most part. It's just sometimes, it's just unwinding from work that's the downfall of all of that. Just seen enough, and don't wanna deal with it. Granted, it's kinda like your attending con's a lot. It's sorta of expensive. =P

Hasta,
    Ali
    ryuzaki11
    ryuzaki11
    Awesome Admin

Post  ryuzaki11 Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:23 pm

I didn't get invited to the national tournament but I wouldn't go anyway, it's in Pittsburgh...

Too far.
    GrinfilledCelt
    GrinfilledCelt
    Model Moderator

Post  GrinfilledCelt Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:19 pm

I can't even afford to go to local conventions. Crying or Very sad
    Alistair
    Alistair
    Model Moderator

Post  Alistair Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:46 am

Grin,

Hahaha. I'm about in the same boat to be honest, and it really really sucks. That's one of the reasons why I quit Amtgard as well, it's just to far, or to expensive. I could car pool, but the materials alone to upkeep it is rather silly.

Oh, well. I do wanna go to a anime convention of these days, just to see it out, and experience it, tho.

Ali

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 6:43 pm