Seirei no Moribito fan archive

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Seirei no Moribito fan archive

Home to all fans...you are all welcome!!!

2 posters

The General Talk Forum

GrinfilledCelt
    GrinfilledCelt
    Model Moderator

The General Talk Forum Empty The General Talk Forum

Post  GrinfilledCelt Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:08 pm

If you want anyone to use the General Talk and Other Anime forums you're going to have to give them permission to post and create threads there. Laughing
    Alistair
    Alistair
    Model Moderator

The General Talk Forum Empty Re: The General Talk Forum

Post  Alistair Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:24 am

Grin,

Yeah, I sent a tell to Ryu the following day he made it...but I guess he hasn't gotten around to it. I know it's Spring Break for a lot of places, so that could be it. I know at work we've been slammed hard this past week cause of it. =P

Plus, I haven't been at the computer much, and that has a lot to do with it too. Hehe. Just to busy over here in the the real world, so to speak.

Tootles,
    Ali
    GrinfilledCelt
    GrinfilledCelt
    Model Moderator

Post  GrinfilledCelt Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:30 pm

Hmm...I think he fixed it and then moved our posts here to make us look foolish.

cheers SCORE! Way to go, Ryu!
    Alistair
    Alistair
    Model Moderator

Post  Alistair Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:51 pm

Grin,

Actually, "General Talk" is still Admin only. =/ Everything else is is workin' order, tho.

Hasta,
    Ali
    GrinfilledCelt
    GrinfilledCelt
    Model Moderator

Post  GrinfilledCelt Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:12 pm

Duh! Silly me! I was the one who named this thread "The General Talk Forum". geek
    Alistair
    Alistair
    Model Moderator

Post  Alistair Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:40 am

Grin,

Hahaha. It's all good, at least you have a fourm named that so we can spam it, I suppose. =D Even if it's a little "Oops, I forgot to enable it that feature."

Woot!,
    Ali
    GrinfilledCelt
    GrinfilledCelt
    Model Moderator

Post  GrinfilledCelt Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:22 am

So now that this thread has been moved to the General Talk forum and the problems with it have been fixed, we can use it to post general talk like this:

For those of you who can't get enough Pythagoras Switch.

Also, this is too cute.
    Alistair
    Alistair
    Model Moderator

Post  Alistair Fri May 01, 2009 11:08 am

Someone had waaaaaay to much time on their hands....

That's all I'm going to say that.

Ali
    GrinfilledCelt
    GrinfilledCelt
    Model Moderator

Post  GrinfilledCelt Sat May 09, 2009 8:52 pm

Cartoon Brew wrote:Yooouuutuuube.com is a site that allows users to create a frame-by-frame video wall display using any YouTube video link. The effect is striking if you plug in a fast-cutting video like the one for this electronica song that uses sounds from Alice in Wonderland.
    Note: The site is in beta, so it might not always work. The best thing I can suggest is to keep refreshing the page till it works.
    GrinfilledCelt
    GrinfilledCelt
    Model Moderator

Post  GrinfilledCelt Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:38 pm

For years since she has been gone, I have pined for my Grandmother’s Rhubarb* Custard Pie. “There isn’t much I wouldn’t do for just one slice” I could be heard saying. Then I happened to say that to a friend of mine whose Mom was friends with my Grandmother and attended the same church.

She said, “I think I have the recipe for that” and produced this:

P I E ! P I E !
    CUSTARD RHUBARB

Mix:
    2 Eggs
    1 Cup Sugar
    2 Tbs Flour

3 Cups Rhubarb (chopped)

Pour mixture in a baked pie shell and
    Bake @ 425 for 10 minutes
    Then @ 350 for 30 - 40 minutes

What? No Milk? I couldn’t get a hold of her at baking time, called my Mom. She didn’t know. Decided to go without milk based on recent disasters caused by playing ‘knows best’ with other recipes. I mixed up the eggs, flour and sugar and it was almost as thick as pudding. My Mom had said that maybe the rhubarb would give up liquid as it cooked, so I went ahead and added it and started cooking the pie crust. After that the rhubarb had indeed given up enough liquid to thin out the mixture quite a bit. More misgivings, my friend had said to fill the pie crust with rhubarb and pour the mixture over it. I'll try it that way next time.

To make matters worse, the little-used oven at my house has no knob (where the settings were printed) or oven thermometer, so setting the temperature is pure guesswork.

I managed to bake a frozen pie crust without burning it, but it shrank and cracked badly, leaving wide cracks. After it cooled a bit, I dumped the above mixture in. After thirty minutes total time in the oven, it was smoking badly and looked a bit over roasted so I pulled it. It looked awfully juicy under the toasted rhubarb which I hoped would thicken as it cooled. It did. I think I had too much Rhubarb. The rhubarb floated in the custard in My Grandma's pies, but was packed in and piled high in this one.

What I ended up with was a pie my Grandmother wouldn’t come up with on her worst day, but I’m convinced it is the same recipe she used. It’s still tasty, I’m in heaven and I will try again soon with a better oven.

Try it yourself. It’s easy, different and very good. I've demonstrated here that it's hard to screw it up to where you don't want to eat it. I'm looking forward to making it again without all these mistakes.
    The General Talk Forum 2009-09-23RhubarbPie01
    It's flavor is on the tart side so kids usually won't eat tons of it. That's a good thing - leaves more for you. For those of you who are kids or have retarded taste buds, real pies are funnier:
    The General Talk Forum RealPies

*Rhubarb grows here as a weed in many people's yards and is very hard to get rid of. It looks like a clump of large arrowhead shaped leaves on stalks. The stalks are the part you eat and are like red-tinged celery. The British grow it in darkened sheds, like mushrooms, so that it comes out white.
    GrinfilledCelt
    GrinfilledCelt
    Model Moderator

Post  GrinfilledCelt Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:22 pm

The General Talk Forum SAD

Ain't it the truth?
    GrinfilledCelt
    GrinfilledCelt
    Model Moderator

Post  GrinfilledCelt Sat May 12, 2012 1:41 am

I recently broke down and got myself a cell phone. I have always disliked phones, but I really hate this thing. I used to say that the fact that when I left home my phone had to stay there, was a feature not a bug. I'd tell people who tried to sell me one that they first had to come up with a reason why I needed to lug a phone around with me.

Anyway, today the cell phone company asked me to do a customer satisfaction survey. There was a space for my comments at the end. Here's what I had to say:

"I'm slowly, but slowly figuring the thing out. The instruction booklet that came with it gave extremely inadequate instructions in 12 different languages. Everything about this phone from the instructions to the voice mail seems to assume that I am very proficient and fast with cell phones. It took me a week to figure out how to send a text that didn't just use the first letter associated with each number.

"Every time I try to use the voice mail it waits two seconds and, while I'm trying to unlock the thing to respond, it says, "Are you still there? Why don't you try again later?" Then it hangs up on me and deducts a couple of minutes from my account.

"The browser is equally useless. It just spends a minute looking for a connection, fails to find one and deducts a few more minutes from my account.

"I'm surprised I haven't thrown the thing against a wall yet."
    GrinfilledCelt
    GrinfilledCelt
    Model Moderator

Post  GrinfilledCelt Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:23 pm

I was driving around a part of town I don't usually drive around last Thursday when I spotted this:
    The General Talk Forum 130606002_zps8c254194
    Bul-leeve It!
    I would have expected a ramen shop.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:33 am