Seirei no Moribito fan archive

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Seirei no Moribito fan archive

Home to all fans...you are all welcome!!!

2 posters

The Grinfilled Muse

GrinfilledCelt
    GrinfilledCelt
    Model Moderator

The Grinfilled Muse Empty The Grinfilled Muse

Post  GrinfilledCelt Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:45 am

I can write some good stuff myself on the rare and brief occasions that the muse moves me - at least, I think it's good.

This is a copy of something I wrote a while back in a moment of inspiration and posted at Animation Republic. I was asked to tell a story so I cobbled this together out of some of my experiences when I was a kid. It's mostly true.

----

Once upon a time there was a little boy named GrinfilledCelt but everyone called him Grin. He lived with his Mom and Dad and five brothers in a far off land called Michigan.

Grin was a happy little boy who loved to go exploring on his bicycle. One day his Mom found him exploring the eastern land on the other side of Woodward Avenue.

"You must not go there, Grin." said Mom, "It is very dangerous for little boys to cross Woodward."

"I did not know that." said Grin, "I will not go East to the land on the other side of Woodward."

This made his mother very happy and Grin never did go to the land on the other side of Woodward Avenue. From that day on, Grin would go South and explore the lands on the other side of Fourteen Mile Road, Thirteen Mile Road and Twelve Mile Road where there were no more sidewalks.

Sometimes he would go north to explore the lands beyond Fifteen Mile Road and Sixteen Mile Road to the edge of the great wilderness where there were no paths for Grin to follow.

Other times he would go West to the lands beyond Southfield and Telegraph where the people talked funny.

He saw many strange and wonderful things. He played in many parks and even found a golf course that was perfect for little boys to play in. Once he found a golfball there but then some mean men wearing clown pants waved sticks at him and chased him away.

One day, when he was in the land beyond Southfield and on the other side of Fifteen Mile, the chain fell off of his bicycle. This did not worry Grin because his Dad had taught him how to fix it. So he stopped in front of a nice house with a big front yard and started to put the chain back on his bicycle.

Then he heard a noise and looked up to see five great big bulldogs running at him. Now, Grin had seen enough Bugs Bunny cartoons to know that bulldogs will eat anyone who comes into their yard so he was very afraid.

"Oh no! They're going to eat me!" cried Grin and he was crying too. When the bulldogs reached him, they did not eat him. They did not even bite him. They just snuffled at him and wagged their stubby little tails. "I must smell like spinach to them so they do not want to eat me." thought Grin so he hopped on his bicycle and pedaled away as fast as he could.
    Alistair
    Alistair
    Model Moderator

The Grinfilled Muse Empty Re: The Grinfilled Muse

Post  Alistair Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:51 pm

Grin,

Hahahaha. Nice little short story, to put it bluntly, but I was rather curious.... Ya live in Detroit area I take it? If so that's pretty cool, for I'm originally from Alpena, which I'm sure your heard of. Hehe.

Small world, eh?

Tootles,
    Ali
    GrinfilledCelt
    GrinfilledCelt
    Model Moderator

Post  GrinfilledCelt Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:32 am

I'm glad you liked it.

Yep, I'm from the Detroit area. I don't like to mention it because it scares people. Detroit isn't nearly as bad as it's reputation. I vacation up in Ocqueoc Township, not too far from Alpena.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:20 am