Seirei no Moribito fan archive

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Seirei no Moribito fan archive

Home to all fans...you are all welcome!!!

5 posters

Introduction

Maia
    Maia

Introduction Empty Introduction

Post  Maia Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:52 pm

Um, hi. I always feel so awkward doing these introduction posts, but here it goes.

I've seen the whole anime through fansubs and loved it. I have yet to find another anime that has consistently good animation, storyline, and characters.

I have not yet read the manga or novels and actually probably won't anytime soon.

I've also written some fanfiction for the show. If anyone wants to read it, let me know and I'll put up the links.
    ryuzaki11
    ryuzaki11
    Awesome Admin

Introduction Empty Re: Introduction

Post  ryuzaki11 Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:13 am

Welcome! Welcome!

Feel free to put up those links. I've been sort of neglecting my duties as admin because it's really a busy time, with all the economy stuff and school and church. I'm glad you found our forum...where'd you see it by the way?

bounce cheers
    Alistair
    Alistair
    Model Moderator

Post  Alistair Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:58 pm

Maia,

Greetings. Please, go ahead and post away and I like to write myself, but never did like the "Fan Fiction" option, but I will read what ya put, tho.

Glad to see some new faces slowly trickling onto the board, tho. That's a really good thing.

Hasta,
    Ali
    Maia
    Maia

Post  Maia Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:42 pm

Here's the link: Flower Petals

Ryuzaki, I too am busy with things like family and school and actually in the middle of a week full of midterms. But, procrastination and Google make lovely bedfellows, so that's how I found this site. Very Happy

Ali, Flower Petals is actually the only fanfic I've written so far as I prefer to write original stuff. What kind of stuff do you like to write?
    Alistair
    Alistair
    Model Moderator

Post  Alistair Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:58 am

Maia,

It's not bad, and love your description and wording, but it just seems a little too...like one sentence. Granted, you might not be done, tho. That's just the impression I get from it, but you've also said you don't normally do this, so I'll take it for what's it worth then. Hehe.

I tend to do Short Stories, for whatever comes to my mind. Not the best, or I haven't written in a long time, but slowly getting back into it. As of late, I've been style of Neil Gamian, before he got "Well Known," as in like "NeverWhere," and "American Gods."

Also, further posting of FanFic or not, I would put in the correct heading before Ryu goes nuts and tranfer's it there. Hehe.

G'Luck,
    Ali
    sweetnsassy
    sweetnsassy
    Model Moderator

Post  sweetnsassy Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:10 pm

Hello and welcome, Maia! So glad to see a new member. I hope you enjoy your time on the forums and let me add that I'm glad to see another writer; I liked Flower Petals .
    You're right, this show has some of the best characters, animation, and scripting that I've seen in a long time.
    Maia
    Maia

Post  Maia Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:51 am

Ali, I just noticed your location and feel the need to say: "Hello fellow New Mexican!" lol!

Thank you for the critique. Flower Petals is a collection of drabbles, which by their nature, are short. But, the second chapter did end up too short though and I'm almost tempted to pull it down.

American Gods is one of those books that I keep wanting to read, but have yet to coordinate having the book and having the time to read it.

Sweetnsassy, thank you for the welcome and I'm glad to be here. Cool
    GrinfilledCelt
    GrinfilledCelt
    Model Moderator

Post  GrinfilledCelt Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:11 am

Hi Maia. Glad to meecha.

I liked Flower Petals. It does seem incomplete. It needs something to tie it together, at least. There were a couple of inconsistencies with Moribito but the snippets of story left me wanting more.
    ryuzaki11
    ryuzaki11
    Awesome Admin

Post  ryuzaki11 Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:38 am

I'm sorry everybody. I haven't been on. My internet modem malfunctioned or as I would like to say, exploded...?

Well what ever, so how are things going.
    GrinfilledCelt
    GrinfilledCelt
    Model Moderator

Post  GrinfilledCelt Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:24 pm

I was wondering. Are you okay? Did they remove all the shrapnel from your shattered body?
    sweetnsassy
    sweetnsassy
    Model Moderator

Post  sweetnsassy Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:59 am

Exploding modem...ouch. Was the damage severe?
    ryuzaki11
    ryuzaki11
    Awesome Admin

Post  ryuzaki11 Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:40 am

Lol. Sorry I made it sound too serious. It short circuited so it would not function, I had to ask my brother to call our ISP and send for a new one.

No one was hurt or anything like that though... bom

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:47 am