Seirei no Moribito fan archive

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Seirei no Moribito fan archive

Home to all fans...you are all welcome!!!

5 posters

Hello! - new here & some questions

Nekoyasha
    Nekoyasha

Hello! - new here & some questions Empty Hello! - new here & some questions

Post  Nekoyasha Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:03 am

Hello everyone!
    I hope you all had a wonderful holiday, and Happy New Year!!

With the recent ending of Moribito (watched the first 10 eps when AS aired them, then rewatched this last time around - but need to watch some of the middle eps as I missed them), I did some more looking up of the show online.
    That's when I discovered there was a series of manga/novels. I was excited to see there were several series!
    I just read through a bit of the forum & saw the poster that wrote to Scholastic to find out if they will translate & publish the rest of the novels.
    I looked in a nearby Borders just before Christmas, but they did not have any in stock.
    I hope to acquire them some time. What are the difference between the novel & manga? Is the novel more like a book, compared to the manga?
    I was also very curious to see if there were any plans of the novels to be continued into anime, but finding news on Moribito is not easy. What are your thoughts, do you think there is a good chance they will continue it in anime form?
    I love the series - beautiful art, characters, & story. I would love to see what the novels are like. I did see scans of one of the manga issues online.
    Anywho, looking forward to being here!
    GrinfilledCelt
    GrinfilledCelt
    Model Moderator

Hello! - new here & some questions Empty Re: Hello! - new here & some questions

Post  GrinfilledCelt Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:47 pm

Welcome, Nekoyasha. Glad to meet you. You certainly have been bitten by the Moribito bug like the rest of us here.

I'm afraid I don't have any good news for you as far as any new releases. The books are short novels intended for kids. They have very few pictures. The anime covers the first book and they padded it considerably; adding quite a bit of filler. I can't speak for the manga because I have only seen the two chapters posted, but everything more or less follows the same story as the book. The second book is about Balsa's return to Kanbal where she finds that things there have not settled down for her at all. Although it may be financially painful for you to get the books, you won't regret it in the long run.

Now that you mention it, they did not restart the series on AS after finishing it, did they? I have always railed at AS' treatment of the series. I don't think they gave it much of a chance, but if you read the posts about it at AS and ANN, their audience didn't like it's slower pace and more cerebral plot - their loss.
    sweetnsassy
    sweetnsassy
    Model Moderator

Post  sweetnsassy Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:41 am

Hello and welcome Nekoyasha!!! cheers Glad to have some new blood around here to talk Moribito with! cheers You'll have a blast here!
    Like grin said, the series got the shaft from [as] and scholastic doesn't seem to be in any hurry to release the rest of the novels. It's highly unlikely that the manga will get licensed by anyone since the series hasn't really gathered a lot of attention in the west. The best we can do is wait and see and hope for the best.
    Alistair
    Alistair
    Model Moderator

Post  Alistair Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:50 pm

Greetings,

Like everyone else said, there isn't much to be found or said that hasn't been filled in already at any rate. I could try to email Scholastic, but I think don't think they will finish publishing it, sadly. If they are, it's going to take awhile since the lady has to translate it, and what not. Ya know what, I'll put it on my calender next few days to email 'em (Give them a chance to recover from the holidays), and see what they say.

The book is worth it in the long run, tho. Very much so, there is a lot of "Filler" in the anime, which was done well, but the book is more "Driven." Along with the 2nd book, which her journey back home as the anime covered at the end. If you need help getting the book, I think I had a few links, and it's really cheap. Try Amazon.com without much hassle in the long run and costed me about 18 total with shipping.

G'Luck,
    Ali
    ryuzaki11
    ryuzaki11
    Awesome Admin

Post  ryuzaki11 Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:17 pm

Welcome!!!

Nice to see you all here again I've been gone for awhile, being a senior in high school has really cut my time for Moribito and all anime watching to zero.

I apologize for that. But again, nice to meet you!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:55 am