Seirei no Moribito fan archive

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Seirei no Moribito fan archive

Home to all fans...you are all welcome!!!

2 posters

Dennou Coil!

Alistair
    Alistair
    Model Moderator

Dennou Coil! Empty Dennou Coil!

Post  Alistair Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:06 pm

Heya,

I know Grin and I talked about it, but I just wanted to let ya other guys know. This is another series that was released about the same time as SoM, but it was meant for a tale for younger kids. Still, it's brilliant, and worth checking into.

"Dennō Coil (電脳コイル Dennō Koiru?, lit. Electric Brain Coil or Computer Coil), Coil — A Circle of Children, is a Japanese animation science fiction series depicting a near future where augmented reality (AR) technology has just begun to enter the mainstream. The series takes place in the fictional city of Daikoku, a hotbed of AR development with an emerging city-wide virtual infrastructure. It follows a group of children as they use AR glasses to unravel the mysteries of the half real, half Internet city, using a variety of illegal software tools, techniques, and virtual pets to manipulate the digital landscape."

-Wiki

Here is a clip of it, well, AMV, and lemme tell ya it's hard to find a good one. Hahaha.

Hope to hear some discussion possibly!
    Ali
    GrinfilledCelt
    GrinfilledCelt
    Model Moderator

Dennou Coil! Empty Re: Dennou Coil!

Post  GrinfilledCelt Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:49 pm

This show is one of my all time faves. If I knew of a forum dedicated to this show, I'd be there.

Wikipedia's explanation of augmented reality (AR) is a little inaccurate or misleading. I usually try to explain it through it's practical applications. Thusly:

Imagine that you have a pair of glasses that are actually a computer. You make a certain gesture while wearing them and a keyboard appears floating in the air in front of you. Take the glasses off and it disappears because it isn't really there, it's in the glasses. You can type on this keyboard and open windows which also appear floating in front of you. Your hand is used just like your mouse; moving the windows, resizing them, placing the cursor so you can type in them, et cetra. Since these glasses automatically connect to the local wireless network, you can browse the internet. You can even show your work to other people who have these glasses.

Sounds cool, huh? But wait! There's more! The whole town has an identical virtual town overlaid on it. What is this building I am looking at? Who lives there? What business is this? What's it's address? Phone number? Call them up. I want to talk to them. All this information and more is available to you with just a gesture if you're wearing your glasses. You can even have virtual pets that act just like real ones except that they never stink up your house, destroy your furniture, grow old, get sick, need to be fed nor cleaned up after.

This is the world that these children live in. They have their own detective agency that looks for virtual pets because lately some glitch is causing many of them to get lost. It seems that there are also flaws in the virtual town that cause pixelated sections and dark holes to appear. Strange things are rumored to happen in these distorted spaces. Pets and even people are supposed to disappear in them.

So there's Satchi. Satchi is the visual representative of the system's protection program. Satchi wanders around searching for distorted space which it repairs, viruses and other malware which it destroys and hackers which it bans. Satchi is your friend.

...unless you're a kid playing Pet Detective. Unfortunately, many of the utilities and tools that the children use are viewed by Satchi as malware making the kids hackers. So they have to avoid and flee Satchi who will fry their very expensive glasses if he catches them. Then they learn that there are dark secrets hidden in the distorted spaces...

That's a great video you found, Ali. I like that tune. Anyone know what that tune is from? It's Chikyuu Kyoumei (resonance of the earth) by Yoko Kanno from her Into The Another World cd, but I don't know what anime it's from.
    Alistair
    Alistair
    Model Moderator

Post  Alistair Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:44 pm

Grin,

Thanks for the better explanation, but I was lazy so I just cut and pasted. =D Yeah, I don't know any forum dedicated to it either, but it's really good, IMO. Builds up very well, even it's "Slow" spots as any anime does have that is 26 shows. It's all good, tho. I just thought spread the word. Hehe.

No, I don't know where the anime for is shown, sadly. It took me FOREVER to find that one, and rest of 'em are crap, IMO. This one had the best example as a trailer, and not giving anything away. =D

Hasta,
    Ali
    GrinfilledCelt
    GrinfilledCelt
    Model Moderator

Post  GrinfilledCelt Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:17 pm

Dennō Coil Gets Japan's 1st Augmented Reality Campaign
    In the real world, the Den-noh Coil promotional campaign runs on pin@clip, a new Apple iPhone/ipod Touch application that uses the phone's camera, GPS (Global Positioning System) navigation system, motion sensors, and compass. As the user walks around and pans the phone's camera across the surroundings, the application
    detects any places of interest within the line of sight. The application then displays the live camera video feed and superimposes informational tags about those places in comic-style balloons. The Parco Part 1 department store in Tokyo's bustling shopping district of Shibuya is offering 15 different t-shirts with Den-noh Coil art, and the pin@clip application will display tags in Shibuya that are tied to the anime and the t-shirts.
    Alistair
    Alistair
    Model Moderator

Post  Alistair Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:07 am

Wacked....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:27 pm